EZyCheck™ Login

Unique Background Solutions Now Offers Continuous Alcohol Monitoring

by | Jul 17, 2018 | Alcohol Monitoring, News

Continuous Alcohol Monitoring is a widely understood practice within our judicial and law enforcement systems. However, it is not as widely thought of or understood by most of the general public. These systems are designed and implemented for those with repeated offenses involving alcohol abuse, most commonly the offense of repeated DUI infractions. At unique Background Solutions, we are dedicated to providing you with the most up to date and accurate information when it comes to information monitoring, and implementation. As you will see below, the SCRAM CAM model is widely trusted in the market and has proven to be the industry leader in Continuous Alcohol Monitoring. Launched to market in 2003, SCRAM CAM has become the most widely used and trusted transdermal alcohol monitoring device in the world.

So, what is transdermal monitoring?

The human bodies largest organ is the Epidermis, or more commonly described as skin. Our skin has the ability to release toxins that may have been missed by our liver. In the case of alcohol, the liver can metabolize approximately 95% of the alcohol that is consumed during a single session of drinking. The other 5% is then broken down between the lungs, kidneys, and the epidermis. 4% of the consumed alcohol is excreted through the lungs and the kidneys, leaving 1% to be excreted by the skin, in turn becoming detectable by the SRAM CAM trans-dermal monitoring device.

How does it help?

The SCRAM CAM device is a key instrument in the prevention of repeated violations and accidents where alcohol abuse is a key factor. The SCRAM CAM device, as stated before, is a widely used device across many jurisdictional regions in our country, and many of these systems have conducted case studies that verify the value and importance of this device. With 1 million DUI arrests each year, and the costs of keeping individuals who are incarcerated from these charges in jail, approximately $75 a day, we can further see the value in this product. But, even with the positives, this product lends to our communities, there is also a great deal to be gained by those using the program to steer themselves free of alcohol addiction. Through continual transdermal monitoring, offenders can slowly grow less dependent on alcohol in their daily lives, in turn keeping themselves and those around them in a safer environment.

Further defined

Now we should look at some numbers to further understand who and what this device is best used for. When we look at the data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, we see that “Every day, almost 29 people in the United States die in alcohol-impaired vehicle crashes-that’s one person every 50 minutes in 2016.” And, these numbers seem to be steady if not climbing. Furthermore, when utilizing the same source we can see that 14% of probationers each year are supervised for a DWI offense. DUI/DWI is the third most common offense in the U.S., behind drug offenses and theft. 71% of alcohol-involved traffic fatalities involve a driver with a BAC greater than .15, and 1/3 of convicted DWI offenders in community corrections are repeat offenders; 2/3 of those in jail or prison are repeat offenders. When we take a look at some of these statistics we are sure to see the value in such a device as the SCRAM CAM, and how important continuous monitoring is when it comes to repeat offenders of this type.

If you are in need of a consistent, continuous, and accurate monitoring solution where alcohol abuse is concerned, then we would be happy to further discuss our SCRAM CAM solutions with you. Contact us today for a customized plan that meets your unique goals.

Ready To Get Started?

We offer employment screening options for every size business.

Stay Connected

Subscribe For News & Best Practices.

Follow Us

We Are Exhibiting At Pest World 2019!Learn More
Share This